Featured Blog Articles
What is PCQI?
PCQI stands for Preventive Controls Qualified Individual
PCQI certification is an important requirement of Food Safety Management System (FSMS) and mandatory to obtain FSMA certification. In the current situation of world affairs, with increased threat of terror activities it is important that all food safety teams be trained to anticipate probable terror threats and be prepared to make system controls to foil the efforts of terror mongers. This two-day training session focuses on gaining fundamental knowledge of the principles and practices of HACCP and Preventive Controls techniques on methods of identifying and mitigating risk. Food safety teams engaged in manufacture, storage or handling of food must undergo this training to have an updated information on how to effectively manage.
QSE provides PCQI certification training services to assist organizations in developing PCQI procedures using FSMA PCQI templates, FSMA PCQI checklists. A competent PCQI consultant uses a disciplined PCQI certification process to meet all the requirements of FSMA PCQI training through providing PCQI certification training to all interested parties to ensure dissemination of Food Safety Policy, Food Safety Objectives & Targets, Benefits of PCQI certification, understanding prerequisite programs, operational prerequisite programs, 7 principles of HACCP, 12 steps of HACCP implementation , 7 requirements/steps of HARPC implementation, implications of not adhering to HARPC compliance requirements, and continual improvement.
- Any organization that deals with potential hazards in foods
- Any organization that wants to increase their food safety
- Any company in the food sector that would like to improve quality
- Any business or company that would like to deliver a safer food product to the consumers and producers
- Any organization in the food sector that would like to reduce costs
- Any Organization which has not yet assessed Risk factor along with Hazard Analysis
- Any facility which needs to have trained HARPC and HACCP practitioners
Working knowledge of HACCP & HARPC is desirable but not essential
Knowledge about all points in the food chain where there is likely hood of a hazard
Knowledge all types of hazards the facility is to take care before launch and clearance of the product or service
Internal manufacturing and nonmanufacturing process knowledge with intent to improve and passion to work with people
Students with academic interest must have working knowledge about how systems and processes work in any facility they have the interest for
- Preventive controls in addition to security.
- 7 rules of HACCP
- 7 Processes of HARPC
- Student Workbook
- Definition of Hazard
- Preventive Controls
- Risk mitigation
- Elements of food chain
- Identifying critical control points in entire food chain
- Food Safety Plan
- Importance of GMP
- This 2-day course involves state of the art audio visual presentation,
- Training through hands on exercises and Quiz at the end of each day
- The course would be interactive and provides for question/ answer session each day
- At the end of the course participants will have an opportunity to test their acquired knowledge with a hands-on exercise by way of a mock recall and feedback from the trainer.
- Feedback will point out the best points learnt by the participant and the worst points which need improvement, to avoid errors in internal auditing.
- Participants learn how to apply knowledge in identifying Critical Control Points (CCP) and application of this knowledge at all points in the Food Chain
- Participants learn techniques of preventive controls
- Participants learn to differentiate between HACCP & HARPC
- Participants learn to meet requirements of SQF, FDA and final rules of FSMA
- Participants fully understand Risk Based Thinking (RBT) and leave with an effective tool to apply this concept and learn how to list, mitigate and assess Risk to realize desired results
- Participants learn the use and importance of all documented processes mandated by the standard
- Participants learn to Improve control of product processes
- Participants learn to Improve product quality
- Participants learn the techniques of Reducing costs associated with product loss
- Participants learn the techniques of Improve food safety
- Participants learn the techniques to eliminate hazardous risks
- Participants learn methods to improve confidence of Consumers and producers
- Participants meet the requirements for being trained in HACCP and HARPC
- QSE uses state of the art audio- video presentation to improve retention of subject matter
- QSE’s training programs are interactive, engaging and highly informative
- QSE’s trainer has over 27 Years, experience in training, auditing and consulting about food safety
- QSE’s Trainer has won several awards for best speaking at international for a
- QSE’s unique documentation system makes it easy to implement all the 7 principles of HACCP and the 7 Processes of HARPC
- QSE provides Student materials which will be easy to follow and comprehend
- QSE offers tried and tested format to bring in evidence of having flawless system for identifying CCP
- At this training participants learn to understand the comprehensive, single level, simplified documentation system advocated by QSE.
- As a hands-on exercise QSE conducts a mock recall of food and all activities and records that go with it
- QSE has Question Answer session each day to ensure that all concepts, forms and records are clear to participants
- QSE can conduct this course at customers’ works to enable higher participation thereby improve involvement and commitment to maintain food safety.
- Fee: US $1195
- Two days of instruction, discussion, and assignments
- Tuition covers student materials, lunch and refreshments
- 2-day classes, regular rate $1195 per participant
- “Anytime Group” of 3 or more, get a discount of $100 per person
- Register 60 days ahead and receive a $75 discount.
- Register 30 days ahead and receive a $50 discount.
Please follow the link below to be directed to the Training calendar and choose the course. You may fill in admission form and pay the fees on line to be enrolled to the course.
Please call (770) 518-9967 for the discounts mentioned above. If you would like to request a proposal for our services, at your location please submit a Proposal Request
Frequently Asked Questions
Trainer is highly experienced lead auditor. He is member of ISO/TC 176 and ISO/TC 207 the technical committees responsible for writing the standards.
Training can be done in 1 days but 2nd day is added as a unique feature from QSE wherein Participants will have the chance to put the theory they learnt, into practice through hands-on -exercises to understand the theory better.
Any physical, chemical, biological, or radioactive contaminant in food which can cause injury to the health of humans or animals by consumption must be treated as a hazard and must be prevented.