Corrective Action/Preventive Action
Every audit on any management system is bound to throw up deficiencies or at least some opportunities for improvement. If it does not show up in certification or surveillance audits, then there is every possibility that your internal audit has been thorough. It shows that all the nonconformities showed up and hence certifying body could not point out the same, provided you have corrections, corrective actions in place. Therefore, it is imperative that any organization vying for certification in ISO or other sector specific standards must fully comprehend the principles of nonconformity control which includes Corrections, Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions. ISO 9001:2015 does not explicitly indicate the requirement for preventive action but intent of preventive actions is retained. Preventive action may be used as a tool to mitigate risk and should be part of risk-based thinking.
Course materials provided to the students include copies of the ISO 9001 electronic copies for use in training alone, and a student workbook.
- Definitions of terms correction, corrective action and preventive action
- Audit deficiencies corrective actions
- Risk based thinking and preventive actions
- Preventive actions as tools for risk mitigation
- Need for cross functional teams in preparing corrective and preventive actions
- Methods to be followed in identifying causes for the defects
- Details of cause and effect analysis
- Techniques of vital few and trivial many (pareto analysis)
- Methods of including corrective actions and preventive actions for continual improvement
- Make changes only after risk assessment is validated by the stakeholders
- Change control and documentation associated with change
Apply knowledge and understanding of the standard under consideration for the facility to attempt and correct audit deficiencies and prevent them from occurring at all.
Who should attend:
This Course is designed for Quality Assurance Managers, Management Representatives, ISO or Sector Specific Standard Implementation Teams, and Quality Management System Auditors. Prospective Internal Auditors, Cross Functional Teams and Auditee(s)
Prerequisites for attending the course:
A good working knowledge of Standard used in their work place is recommended but not essential
Experience in facing audits is recommended but not essential
- Understanding the differences between correction/corrective actions and preventive actions
- Decision making through pareto analysis
- Techniques of using preventive actions as risk mitigation tools
- Effective methods for closing audit deficiencies
- Clarification on doubts regarding intent comprehension of the relevant standard
- Cause and effect diagrams and analysis
- Effective methods of change controls
- Answers to questions on intent comprehension of the relevant standard
- Comprehensive reference text and student manual
- Student workbook
Fees and General:
- Fee: US $695
- One day of instruction, discussion, and assignments
- Tuition covers student materials, lunch and refreshments
- 1-day class, regular rate $695, “Anytime Group” for 4 or more, the discounted rate is $595.
*Please call (770)518-9967 for this discount!
If you would like to request a proposal for our services, please submit a Proposal Request