Featured Blog Articles
Objectives of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Training
ISO 14001:2015 is an Environmental Management System Standard. Internal Auditing is mandatory as per the ISO14001:2015 standard. Conducting internal audits periodically prior to certification audit or surveillance audit is essential.
Training for internal audits is a mandatory requirement of the standard as per clause, # 7.1 of ISO audit guidance documents ISO 19011:2018. The guidance document calls for training and evaluation of the internal auditors before internal audit can be permitted.
This evaluation is to be done with respect to the audit being done. This also refers to the clause 9.2 of ISO14001:2015 standards which calls for ensuring competence of personnel to the task assigned.
As per Annexure A 9.2 of the ISO 14001:2015 standard, when considering the environmental importance of the processes concerned in its audit program me, the organization should include
- a) The plans made and actions taken to address the organization ‘s significant environmental aspects and compliance obligations
- b) The outputs of its monitoring and measurement processes; 1108
- c) Previous occurrences of accidents or emergency situations that resulted in or could have resulted in environmental impacts
ISO 45001:2018 is an international standard for the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system. This standard details the requirements for maintaining the safety and health of its employees within the work environment. Organizations not complying with standard may get a citation from department of labor and incur huge costs in worker’s compensation and loss of production due to accidents which can be avoided. Internal audit of ISO 45001:2018 must include documentation and implementation of identifying the following:
- Safety Hazard:description of the safety hazard and stated objective
- Risk Level:the level of risk severity this hazard poses
- Monitoring:type of monitoring activity/ planned inspection process
- Analysis:key insights and trends to examine from monitoring records
- Evaluation:what to do for improving safety performance
- Supporting Photos:ability to attach supporting photos to this template
This Internal Auditor ISO 14001 training and ISO 45001 training course has the primary objective of making participants understand the requirements of the standards, intent comprehension, understanding the terms concepts and principals involved in the standard. The course covers on auditing challenges, understanding challenges, interpretation challenges, implementation challenges and challenges due to prescriptive nature of the ISO 14001:2015 standard.
Finally, the course emphasizes the effective methods of documented information and the advantages of a simplified and comprehensive one level documentation. This one level documentation is an evidence-based system which offers proof of implementation for the standard’s requirements. This 3-day on site internal auditor training course includes mock exercises of the processes of the facility to make the participants confident about what they have learned and apply them in their work area right away.
Practitioners of Environment Management System as a part of certification to ISO 9001:2015
Persons interested in becoming Trained Internal auditors for ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Standard
ISO Manager or Environment and Safety Manager Designates
Quality Assurance Managers who are responsible for implementing ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Environmental Management Systems and Safety Management Systems in their facilities
Members of Environment Protection and Safety implementation teams
Members of Environment Management System Review Team
Internal manufacturing and nonmanufacturing process knowledge with intent to improve and passion to work with people
Working knowledge about both ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 Standards
Working knowledge about Environment and safety regulations as applicable to their facility
- ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards for exclusive use in training program
- Student Workbook
- Training Program Overview
- Intent Comprehension of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001 Standards
- Comprehension of New Terms Used in the Standards
- Overview of Definitions, Concepts & Principles
- Quality Management System Requirements
- Quality Management Principles
- Documented Information
- Quiz on both ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Standards
- The Quality Audit Cycle as per ISO 19011:2018
- Challenges Auditors face in ISO 14001:2015 Standard
- Planning the Audit
- Humanistic Elements in Auditing
- Practice Audit Activities
- Audit Interviewing Techniques
- Audit Reporting Techniques
- Post Audit Activities
- Mock Audits
- Review and Feedback on Mock Audits by the trainer
- This 3-day course involves state of the art audio visual presentation,
- Training through hands on exercises and Quiz at the end of each day
- The course would be interactive and provides for question/ answer session each day and methods to interpret for normal day to day work
- At the end of the course participants will have an opportunity to test their acquired knowledge with a hands-on exercise of auditing their own processes
- The trainer will provide feedback on all audit techniques used by the participant
- Feedback will point out the best points learnt by the participant and the worst points which need improvement, to avoid errors in internal auditing.
Participants learn how to apply the process approach in auditing and leave the training with perfect templates to apply a process approach in auditing
Participants fully understand Risk Based Thinking (RBT) and leave with an effective tool to apply this concept and learn how to list, mitigate and assess Risk to realize the desired results
Learning how to develop simplified documentation system is another take away to the attendees along with a clear understanding of newly introduced term entitled documented information
Participants learn the unique principles of developing Documented Processes
Participants learn the essential requirements regarding Environmental Protection and Safety Management
With this training, the participants learn all major issues with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards and fully understand the intent of the standard
Participants learn emergency preparedness in terms of Safety and in terms of environmental protection
Participants learn critical terms, concepts and principles and can apply these in auditing to maximize audit effectiveness
Participants learn the techniques of Safety and environmental protection till the End-of-Life cycle of the product
Thorough understanding of auditing principles, concepts, tools and techniques as specified in management system auditing standard ISO 19011:2018.
Learning how to use process approach and apply this auditing technique to realize best audit findings
Learn the concepts of End-of -Life Cycle
Learn the concepts of emergency preparedness
Cost saving by avoiding external auditors.
Students have another feather to their resume, which may help them find a career.
This intensive, three-day course presents an in-depth analysis of the audit cycle, audit requirements, auditing techniques of both ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards’ requirements.
This interactive course is highly motivational. The course not only covers the entire intent of both international standards ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 but also provides clarifications required to explain terms principles and concepts involved in the standard.
Participants will learn and develop auditing skills to function as first party auditors.
As a trained Internal Auditor, one can assist organizations in conducting more effective internal audits and supplier audits.
This course details the audit requirements, auditing tools, auditing techniques and all the audit guidance requirements covered in ISO 19011:2018.
In addition to these, the course covers on the humanistic elements involved in auditing which includes interviewing techniques, listening techniques, questioning techniques and reporting techniques.
During this course QSE provides a summary at the end of each day to help participants recap what they learned during the day
There will be a quiz at the end of each day to help participants understand the gist of the course covered for the day.
Above all the course includes a mock audit of their own processes which is a practical application of the theory learnt in their regular work to make them confident about the learning process.
The trainer will provide a feedback on the mock audits and provides tips to help participants avoid pitfalls during internal audits at their facilities.
- Please send a proposal request
- Maximum permissible participants in each session not to exceed 7
- Two days of instruction, discussion, and assignments
- The third day will be for practicing what has been learnt
Frequently Asked Questions
The trainer is a highly experienced lead auditor. He is a member of ISO/TC 176 and ISO/TC 207 the technical committees responsible for writing the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001standards since their inception till the recent changes in 2015. He is also a member of the team that wrote the guidance standard for auditing ISO 19011 from its inception in 1985 to present changes included in the 2018 publication.
Training can be done in two days, but the third day is added as a unique feature from QSE wherein Participants will have the chance to put the theory they learned into practice in their regular work area to understand the theory better.
Internal audits are required for the organization’s internal use of understanding the effectiveness of implementing the standard requirements and to ensure the full benefits of implementation are realized.