Featured Blog Articles
Objectives of Training
Automotive Quality Core Tool application is mandatory as per the IATF 16949:2016 standard. Application of these tools in regular quality management of automotive parts is essential. Most OEM companies insist that their Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers definitely apply these tools and provide evidence. Tier 3 suppliers may be insisted by their customers to apply these tools.
IATF Annexure shows the mandatory requirement for the application of Automotive Quality Core Tools. The application of these tools could be complicated without proper training and understanding the principles and application.
The objective of Automotive Quality Core Tools training is to prepare the approval of the customer before the bulk production. Clearance for production may not be possible without the submission of Parts Submission Warrant which is a part of Automotive Quality Core Tools application.
The tools will also facilitate the methods of inspection, measurements, control. Verification and validation of the design of the parts and processes required for producing the automotive parts.
In order to do that one has to understand the application details of all the Automotive Quality Core Tools and have proper documentation to show evidence of having applied the Automotive Quality Core Tools.
Finally, the course emphasizes the effective methods of documented information required for application of Automotive Quality Core Tools as a part of quality management system, this application also needs to be audited, both internally and by certifying body to ensure that application is proper and is providing desired information for quality decision making.
- Practitioners of Quality Management System as a part of certification to IATF 16949:2016
- Persons interested in becoming Trained Internal auditors for IATF 16949:2016 Standard
- IATF Manager or Quality Manager Designates
- Purchasing Personnel dealing with purchase of Automotive Products
- Design Personnel dealing with purchase of Automotive Products
- Manufacturing Personnel dealing with purchase of Automotive Products
- Quality Assurance Managers who are responsible for implementing IATF 16949:2016 quality management systems in their facilities
- Students wishing to take up careers in automotive production, quality or design since these courses are not taught in universities
- Working knowledge of IATF 16949:2016 standard is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge about Production, Design and Operational processes of the automotive industry is essential
- Elementary knowledge of statistics is essential
- IATF 16949;2016 and related standards for exclusive use in training program
- Cross Reference Table between IATF 16949:2016 and TS 16949:2009
- Student Workbook
- Training Program Overview
- Intent Comprehension of IATF 16949:2016 Standard
- Comprehension of New Terms Used in the Standard
- Detailed explanation of all Six, Automotive Quality Core Tools
- Approved Parts Quality Plan (APQP)
- Control Plan (CP)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Design FMEA
- Process FMEA
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Difference between Prevention and detection
- Explanation of methods to deal with customer specific requirements
- Documented Information required for Automotive Quality Core Tools
- Quiz on linkage of Automotive Quality Core Tools to IATF 16949:2016 Standard
- Will go through each Automotive Quality Core Tools application and thoroughly discuss with the team and find how this can meet the requirements of automotive standards
- Hands on Exercises
- This 2- day course involves state of the art audio visual presentation,
- Training through hands on exercises and Quiz at the end of each day
- The course would be interactive and provides for question/ answer session each day and methods to interpret for normal day to day work
- At the end of the course participants will have an opportunity to test their acquired knowledge with a hands-on exercise of applying the Automotive Quality Core Tools in their processes
- The trainer will provide detailed explanation on all forms to be used by the participants
- Feedback will point out the best points learnt by the participant and the worst points which need improvement, to avoid errors in application of Automotive Quality Core Tools
- Participants meet the requirement of being trained for Automotive Quality Core Tools application
- QSE provides a unique cross reference table as an effective tool for monitoring and application of Automotive Quality Core Tools
- All required documents for application of Automotive Quality Core Tools
- Clear understanding on PSW and FMEA
- Learning the techniques of calculating Risk Priority Number
- QSE provides a certificate signed by President/CEO of QSE, who is also an Exemplar Global Certified Lead Auditor, Certified Quality Engineer, a member of ISO/TC 176 and ISO/TC 207 technical committees responsible for writing the standards since 1984
- Once trained, the facility will have a team of qualified personnel to apply the Automotive Quality Core Tools and obtain customer approval before bulk production
- Understand the concepts and application regarding the requirements of Automotive Quality Core Tools, covered in Annexure of IATF 16949:2016
- Understanding the application of Automotive Quality Core Tools till end of the life cycle of the product
- Understanding the advantages of prevention Vs detection
- Participants learn practical application and completion of all automotive required forms for effective management and submission to customers
- Application of Automotive Quality Core Tools may avoid expensive product recalls
- QSE’s unique, comprehensive customer specific requirements table provides a snapshot of all requirements of different customers in one place and is an effective management tool to monitor for meeting customer specific requirements.
- Participants learn the creation of forms for a live control plan (CP) for every component of production
- Cost saving by avoiding external help
This interactive course is highly motivational. The course not only covers the entire intent of the international standard IATF 16949:2016 but also provides clarifications required to explain terms principles and concepts involved in the standard.
Participants will learn and develop application skills for the Automotive Quality Core Tools.
QSE has a unique system of explaining which elements of the IATF 16949:2016 standard are met through application of Automotive Quality Core Tools.
During this course, QSE provides a summary at the end of each day to help participants recap what they learned during the day.
There will be a quiz at the end of each day to help participants understand the gist of the course covered for the day.
Above all the course includes a mock exercise of the participant’s own processes which is a practical application of the theory learnt. This helps them confident about the learning process.
QSE Trainer provides instantaneous feedback on the exercises and provides tips to help participants avoid pitfalls during the application of Automotive Quality Core Tools.
- Fees for participation will be $1,195 USD per participant
- Fees include student materials, lunch and refreshments
- Fees per participant is $1,195 USD per participant.
- Discount for any time group of 3 or more will be $100 per participant
- Please book 2 months in advance to get $ 75 discount per participant
- Please book 1 months in advance to get $ 50 discount per participant
Please follow the link below to be directed to the Training calendar and choose the course. You may fill in admission form and pay the fees online to be enrolled in the course.
Please call (770) 518-9967 for the discounts mentioned above. If you would like to request a proposal for our services, at your location please submit a Proposal Request
What our customers say about us
Frequently Asked Questions
The trainer is a highly-experienced lead auditor. He is a member of ISO/TC 176 and ISO/TC 207 the technical committees responsible for writing the standards. He has trained Automotive OEMs and several Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers.
Training can be squeezed into one day, but the second day is added as a unique feature from QSE.
Extended time helps participants to have interactive discussions and use exercises to put the theory they learned into practice in their regular work process areas to understand the theory better.
Documentation is the evidence that is required to keep the facility safe during a field recall.