ISO 50501: 2018 – Innovation Management System Standard
ISO is being innovative in bringing out the new ISO 50501 standard for Innovation companies. The ISO 50501:2018 standard is at present in committee draft stage and is most likely to be released in 2018. The standard is a prescription to bring success and be able to market the success for benefit. The standard defines success in a different and practical way which appeals to all heads of enterprises and may work as an effective strategic tool for the management to convert their success to dollars for bringing about growth in the organization.
This new International Standard ISO 50501 will be supported by related standards to be published later this year by ISO Technical Committee 279 (ISO/TC 279) as follows:
- ISO 50500: Innovation management – Fundamentals and vocabulary
- ISO 50501: Innovation management – Innovation management system
- ISO 50502: Innovation management – Assessment
- ISO 50503: Innovation management – Tools and methods for innovative partnerships
- ISO 50504: Innovation management – Strategic Intelligence management
- ISO 50505: Innovation management – Intellectual property management
The Alignment of this standard and basic differences with ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 50501 has same 10 element high level structure as that of ISO 9001:2015
- Innovative Management System IMS aims at looking for creative innovations as compared to a QMS focusing on identifying Risks and Improvements.
- The organizational structure is aimed at creating space for fostering ideas as compared to compliance to an established system in QMS.
- The Strategic policy is to be set for path breaking innovations which balance risk with returns instead of improvement alone as in QMS.
- Determination of competence is not only aimed at ability to perform assigned task but also can create and develop ideas which are marketable and bring in revenue.
- Measurement of performance should include the items such as new ideas generated, speed at which the ideas are generated, salability of ideas and user satisfaction of creative ideas generated.
- Evaluation and analysis must be aimed at reducing costs due to nonconformities and boost revenue.
Who needs IMS?
- IS0 50501 certification is required for the organization seeking to market their creativity to bring in increased revenue.
- IMS provides evidence-based and data enriched answers to venture capitalists looking for investment.
- IMS is the vehicle to encash ideas and build an organization that is adaptable to creative marketable ideas.
- IMS is meant for organization that can build people to build up the organization and create space for people to see beyond incremental growth to an exponential growth through creativity…
QSE’s “Ten Step Approach”™ to Registration is designed and perfected to cost- effectively prepare facilities for successfully passing Certification Audits with minimum or no nonconformities. QSE emphasizes on developing Simplified Documented Management Systems to meet or exceeds the requirements of any ISO Standard requirements. This 10 Step Approach has a built-in discipline to involve all employees including top management right from the beginning to achieve long-term desired results. Our approach is so complete that we have helped over 650 companies obtain certification, of which, a majority have obtained certification with zero deficiencies.