IATF 16949:2016 – Automotive Standard
IATF comprises of leading Automotive Association around the globe which are:
Associazione Nazionale Filiera Industria Automobilistica (ANFIA), International Automotive Oversight Bureau (IAOB-USA) is combined forum of Fiat, Chrysler Automotive (FCA)+ Ford+ General Motors. International Automotive Task Force France (IATF France), Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), and Verband der Automobilindustrie
The new Automotive Standard to be followed is IATF 16949:2016. This standard is fully aligned with all 10 elements ISO 9001:2015, but for few differences. IATF has retained the need for Quality Manual and Management representative. In addition to accepting all requirements of the quality management system devised by ISO 9001:2015, IATF has laid emphasis on the Risk-based approach and Product Safety. Responsibility for the product remains with the product manufacturer until the end of product life cycle which includes disposition by destroying when found not fit for use and prevent accidental usage in an automotive production
Contrary to ISO 9001:2015, IATF has retained documented processes and requires a minimum of 16 documented processes for certification. IATF also insists on auditors be certified by agencies certified by IATF. Auditors are expected to continue to improve their skills every year and retain records of the same
Training in quality awareness, contribution of individual employee in quality contribution and the consequences of not meeting the requirements are to be mandatory requirements for an IATF training program
All major manufacturers of automotive industry made it mandatory for their Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers are certified to this new standard.
Benefits of Certification to IATF 16949:2016
- Certification provides international recognition and approval in the manufacturing and supply of automobiles.
- Creates a standardized sector rational to measure the effective capacity of industry players to produce high-quality products that are secure for supply.
- Promotes consistency in effective management in the Automobile sector to ensure quality production is maintained at all angles to the letter.
- IATF 16949:2016 is informative in modern production practices including lean management and waste reduction that are cost-effective and risk mitigated.
- Presents a simple and singular management strategy that covers a multi-dimensional organization to guarantee safe quality production and supply.
QSE adopts a “Ten Step Approach”™ to Registration. This approach, designed and perfected by QSE, addresses each element of the Standard in an easy to implement manner. Various elements merge with each other seamlessly and so effortlessly that the end-product is a top-notch Automotive management system. This Automotive Management system meets or exceeds the requirements of any Registrar and promotes a culture of quality consciousness throughout the organization. Our approach is so complete that we have helped over 670 companies obtain relevant certifications, of which, a majority have obtained certification with zero deficiencies.