AS 9110C – Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
The AS 9110C is a Quality Management System that has been developed by Aerospace professionals for the Aerospace industry. The AS 9110C is developed specifically for Aerospace Maintenance Organization and aims at implementing modern practices on maintenance of aerospace systems. The foundational concepts that have been used to develop AS 9110C are all derived from the AS9000 and 2008 certification programs. Although worth mentioning, there have been some considerable modifications on the revised model.
The AS9110C has included regulatory frameworks for compliance to international aerospace laws and regulations. The applicability of the AS 9110C touches various sectors of the Aerospace Maintenance Organization and the charter is very comprehensive based on the risks involved in the aerospace industry. Requirements for AS 9110 are very direct and are designed to provide regulatory oversight on Aerospace maintenance companies to ensure that quality assurance and safety is guaranteed. The following are some of the basic requirements of the AS9110 certification program:
- AS 9110C targets all companies that conduct maintenance of Aerospace products whether on contract or permanent basis
- Requires a foundational support background towards the implementation of a quality management policy at the organizational levels
- Undertake maintenance on the Aerospace industry to welcome positive regulatory oversight by Aviation authorities over their management practices
AS 9110C has a diverse range of applicable benefits and all are a product of the effective quality management frameworks that are designed by the program.
The main goal of the program is to promote responsiveness in dealing with Aerospace products and has the following fundamental benefits:
- Provides a unique platform for aerospace maintenance companies to communicate with aviation authorities that they are indeed working towards a highly efficient and quality based management practice
- AS 9110C is foundationally critical in promoting regulatory compliance by Aerospace maintenance companies to the set international standards of quality assurance and effective management practices
- Promotes a unique pact for Aviation authorities to work together with the maintenance companies in a bid to increase the capacity of these organizations to effectively conduct their businesses
- The AS 9110C promotes an efficient quality management practice that involves consistent assessment of the organizations activities in a bid to iron out any deficiencies in execution of the operations
- AS 9110C urges both internal and external audits of the Aerospace maintenance companies to provide a third party oversight of service that will allow you to identify areas of weaknesses and strengthen them
QSE adopts a “Ten Step Approach”™ to Implementation. This approach, designed and perfected by QSE, addresses each facet in an easy to implement manner. Tools merge with each other seamlessly and so effortlessly that the end product is a top-notch quality.