What is Supplier Development ?
Program aimed at making suppliers performance better by providing them with what they need to be successful in the supply chain. Specifically developed to provide information about expected sales growth and products of the company or business. Supplier development trains in the application of quality and lean tools. By utilizing supplier development effectively, you should be able to increase product quality and profitability by providing the suppliers with more information about the entire supply chain.
Who Should Pursue?
- Companies that intend to reduce costs and streamline their operations while minimizing their defective products.
- Companies that would like to have a positive impact on an organization’s business.
- Companies that are interested in partnering with their suppliers to help them achieve tremendous benefits in the local as well as global market place.
- Companies not afraid to share knowledge and improve their collaboration across the extended enterprise.
- Many companies and businesses find it a risky affair to collaborate with their suppliers especially in giving proprietary information about their company or business, whilst it is in taking these risks they may catapult their business profits and create a positive impact in the global marketplace. Companies that are willing to take these risks should pursue the supplier development program.
Benefits of Supplier Development
- Improved knowledge and collaboration sharing throughout the extended enterprise.
- Increased responsiveness to customer needs and market dynamics.
- Establishing and manufacturing of new designs, improved quality and reliability of products will be achieved.
- Inventory costs can be reduced between 25-50 percent.
- Time for sourcing of information is reduced by 25-30 percent
- Time to market a company’s products is reduced by up to 20 percent.
- Increase profits margins as a result of reduced costs of production.
- Program will help the company to reduce costs in various areas including: Inventory, purchasing and supply, investments, marketing costs, etc.
- Minimized defective products leading to reduced investments costs.
- Helps companies to achieve streamlined business operations.
- Enhances the positive impact of the business in the market place.
- Reduce its inventory costs to a minimum.
- Due to increased customer responsiveness, the company or business can increase its market share in the market place.
- Creates positive impact of the company or business in the global market place as a result of its partnership with the suppliers, which helps in the production of quality products and improved operations.
- Ultimately contributes to the continuous improvements of the company’s projects.
QSE adopts a “Ten Step Approach”™ to Implementation. This approach, designed and perfected by QSE, addresses each facet in an easy to implement manner. Tools merge with each other seamlessly and so effortlessly that the end product is a top-notch quality.