What is a Product Audits?
The product audit is the assessment of the final product/service and its qualification for use evaluated versus the intent of the purpose of the product/service. It ensures a thorough inspection of a final product before delivery to a supplier or a customer. By thoroughly inspecting the final product, it aims at improving quality, increasing profitability, and enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty. It is necessary for a product to go through this process in order to determine if it meets specifications. The Product Audit ultimately serves as a benefit to the suppliers and customers by ensuring quality which results in higher customer satisfaction.
Benefits of Product Audits?
- Assists companies and businesses to determine if a company or organization is doing what it says it is.
- Helps businesses and organizations management to address non conformance and take corrective action that leads to company improvement.
- Establish quality in as far as their businesses are concerned and also the creation of a quality system that is vital if products are to be of the highest quality.
- Assists businesses and companies in conducting their own internal audits before involving external auditors.
- Increases customer satisfaction especially where customers have requested an audit or a product because of some consistent problems with the product.
- Helps the upper management of businesses and organizations in the drafting of a quality policy.
- Performs random sampling to determine if they are an accurate representation of a company’s quality system.
- Document and describe specific activities and tasks within the organization that assists in ensuring high quality products.
- Determine and distinguish the difference between observation and non conformance in as far as quality of products is concerned.
- Constantly measures the effectiveness of current processes and strives to meet more difficult objectives that satisfy customers.
- Assists with how to gather information that pertains to the quality of a product process of a quality system.
- Helps a forum where the audit team and the auditee are able to meet and discuss the results of a product audit.
- Have an objective assessment of the effectiveness of the quality systems, especially when the product audit is conducted by an external auditor.
- Assists businesses and organizations in conducting internal audits of products by the organization’s own staff, which is a requirement of ISO 9000.
- Addresses product quality issues adequately so that products are able to sell and have a competitive edge over competing products.
QSE adopts a “Ten Step Approach”™ to Implementation. This approach, designed and perfected by QSE, addresses each facet in an easy to implement manner. Tools merge with each other seamlessly and so effortlessly that the end product is a top-notch quality.