Featured Blog Articles
What are Layered Process Audits?
The Layered Process Audit (LPA) is a tool that has been developed for manufacturing management. It is an effective tool that drives cultural change throughout an organization to improve quality, reduce scrap and customer rejections. Acting as a formalized system, it focuses time and energy towards insuring high risk processes and error proofing devices to ensure that they do not exhibit a lot of variation and are working properly. It is a set of audits on high risk processes, used as system of reporting and following up to ensure containment is appropriate and to drive improvement. It is organized into a simple group of questions designed to examine, advise, or process. The process reduces variation in production and improves/maintains discipline. As a result, there is scrap reduction and elimination of wastes while at the same time improving discipline and communication. The audit is performed by multiple levels of supervision and management to monitor key process characteristics and the verification process on an ongoing basis.
QSE adopts a “Ten Step Approach”™ to Implementation. This approach, designed and perfected by QSE, addresses each facet in an easy to implement manner. Tools merge with each other seamlessly and so effortlessly that the end product is a top-notch quality.
- Practitioners of quality management system as a part of certification to ISO 9001:2015
- Persons interested in becoming trained internal auditors for ISO 9001:2015 standard
- ISO manager or quality manager designates
- Persons interested in ISO audits or consultants who wish to conduct internal audits
- Quality assurance managers who are responsible for implementing ISO 9001 in their organizations
- Students willing to get work as ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditors.
Internal manufacturing and nonmanufacturing process knowledge with intent to improve and passion to work with people.
Participants learn how to apply the process approach in auditing and leave the training with perfect templates to apply a process approach in auditing
Participants fully understand Risk Based Thinking (RBT) and leave with an effective tool to apply this concept and learn how to list, mitigate and assess Risk to realize the desired results
Learning how to develop simplified documentation system is another take away to the attendees along with a clear understanding of newly introduced term entitled documented information
Participants learn critical terms, concepts and principles and be able to apply these in auditing to maximize audit effectiveness
- Reduces variation in production, improves and maintains discipline.
- Reduces scrap and eliminates waste.
- Improves discipline and communication
- Increases employee participation.
- Improves overall quality and cuts costs.
- Stops production processes from being rejected.
- Helps the management of organizations and businesses to own the audit process.
- Helps in identification and asking of the right questions.
- Influences participation from all of the management layers.
- Helps businesses and organizations to deal with non-conformity through immediate containment.
- Assists organizations and companies in implementing a process of continuous improvement within an organization or business.
- It places a demand on businesses and organizations to schedule and perform audits regularly.
- Prevents or corrects the most common mistakes made in developing and implementing layered process audits.
- Forces organizations and businesses to enhance their competitive advantage.
- Identification of variation in high risk processes that lead to production of the nonconforming products.
- Identification of error proofing systems that become ineffective over time.
- Leads to the creation of appropriate containment measures which prevent bad products from shipping and reduces/eliminates customer rejections.
Helps the management of organizations and businesses to have an exact location to where they can direct their resources to review systems, identify problems, and find their root causes.
QSE ‘s process approach application for auditing is unique with audit reporting tool called Process Approach Audit Prompt List
QSE provides a useful word list and useful phrases list as an aid to write effective audit reports. You will never have wrongly written nonconformity during internal audits by using these terms and phrases
QSE’s training includes mock audits. All participants’ audits are critiqued with meaningful feedback which can be used for instantaneous usage. Very powerful feedback.